Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2 - Tuesday, June 8 (Happy Birthday Sarah!)

Update: 10:44 pm

Today turned out pretty good. I stuck to the program...but I am still not eating all four meals. I started feeling it late this afternoon. I am not eating enough carbs, I think. I will figure it out. Heidi walked me around our neighborhood tonight. She is so awesome to walk with; we had a faster pace than I did this morning...like 3 mins faster. I got to talk to Bill twice, and that always helps my mood. I am off to shower adn then read for a bit before night night; Lisa is coming over at 8:30 to join me for my morning walk. I plan on getting up on time!!!! Third time is the charm, right?

Okay, so there were a few roadbumps today. I had to pick Mom up at 9:00, so I planned (ha!) accordingly and set my alarm for 7:45.

1. I woke up at 7:50 instead of 7:45. Not a problem except for the fact that the Iso-Cleanse was earning its title. 5 minutes knocked off of my 30-min. walk.
2. Dogs needed to be watered and the eggs needed to be started and I can't walk without clothes on. 5 more minutes knocked off my walk. I am resigned to a 20-minute very brisk walk. Not a problem.
3. Open the gargage door on way to said walk only to find that some pesky animals overturned my trash can and littered my ENTIRE driveway with the remnants of their pillage fest. FINE. I will walk for 10 minutes, but DAMNIT, nothing else will stop me. I walked.

I cleaned up the mess, washed the squirming maggots off the driveway, showered, threw my 6 boiled eggs (still shelled mind you) and fresh tomato slices in a bag, grabbed paper towels, S/P shakers (thank goodness Bill stole the miniature ones from the room service tray!) a bottle of water and was on my way to pick Mom up only 7 minutes late!

I sat in the car while she attended to her appointment and peeled my eggs in peace. I made it back home and just finished the remaining 20 minutes of my "morning" walk. No rest for the wicked, though. I have another meal (yes!) to prepare and consume by 12:45.

Oh yeah, after reading the literature for the 80th time last night, I realized that I shorted myself two Iso-Burn pills that should be taken in the afternoon. I guess I will jog with Heidi tonight to help with the insomnia. Who am I kidding???

No comments:

Post a Comment