Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 1 - Monday, June 7

Today is my first day with the "Quick Trim Burn and Cleanse 14-Day Diet Program". Yes, I know that all I need to do is eat right and exercise. However, the older I get, the more difficult it becomes to stick to those simple words. In a nutshell, I need a jumpstart. So, here it goes.

I woke up later than I planned, but it is summertime. I took my "Iso-Burn AM" supplements, walked briskly for 30 minutes, and returned home for a protein packed breakfast of 6 egg whites and 1/3 cup of oatmeal. It wasn't all that bad, and it actually filled me up. I had considered a cup of coffee until I read the fine print on the Iso-Burn bottle, "Caution: This product contains 200mg of caffeine per serving (approximately equal to 2 cups of coffee. Please consult your physician if you are on a caffeine restricted diet." I chugged more water instead.

The plan has me eating 4 small meals a day while exercising in the morning and evening. I am actually going to start the CT5K program for the cardio and see if I can't knock out two birds with one stone.

One exercise session down, one to go. One meal down, THREE to go. This just might work! :)

Update: 10:06 pm

Ijust got home from taking Heidi over to Sue and James's house. The girls went for a 40 minute brisk walk up to the softball complex. Heidi walked me most of the way, which insured that we kept a 'brisk' pace :). I didn't eat all three meals, but dinner was still filling and yummy: grilled cajun catfish, boiled asparagus and fresh yellow bell pepper. I have drunk nearly a gallon of water and gave myself permission to drink 2 Michelob Ultras. I know alcohol = sugar/carbs/sin, but I am keeping within my boundaries as established by the System, and I am not going to do myself any good by depriving myself of all things sacred. All-in-all, it's been a postive first step on a journey of thousands. (Pray for me...I am about to take the Iso-Cleanse pills!) Night Night.

4 comments: